State of the Life of Jason Douglas: Monthly Edition
Today brings the close of the first month of 2009. Overall, January has been a good month for me. Let us go over the highlights of this month and how I am doing on my 2009 Goals/Resolutions.
- Still have a job; still doing alright, but the ceiling is extremely high, and there is no reason why I shouldn’t destroy that ceiling.
- Social life is pretty good; reached out to a few long lost friends and re-connected with them; hope to do more in February
- The two things I really wanted to work out: with one, I know where I stand and that’s on hold, the other is just not going to happen right now; not what I wanted, but the situation does not allow for anything else. I hope it works out down the road; there is just something about it that is unfinished.
- Someone told me that I don’t have to take the pc route in answering questions, that I should be me and speak my thoughts. I will work on that. Buyer beware 🙂
Evaluation of 2009 Goals:
- Move out: Not happening until spring.
- Improve overall health: I have done an above average job with this. The diet has improved some, working out has gone well losing 7 pounds this month. February brings a more intense workout regimen with more emphasis on just running and training for the half-marathon.
- Smile more in pictures: Well, I can not remember the last time I had a picture taken, so this one is pending.
- Create a personal blog: I have kept up with this; the response has been more than I had ever expected. Thank you to all the readers that have taken even a minute of time to spend reading my ramblings.
- Eat out less: FAIL. I still go out to lunch 2-3 times a week; and eat out for dinner at least twice a week.
- Improve money management: if I eat out less, that will help out in this department. I’ve been alright at this, can be better.
- Ask questions: still working on this one. I need to act like I am five and ask ‘why’ more.
- Become more giving: It is not about what you do when people are looking, it is what you do when no one is looking. I am happy with what I have done so far; again, there is always more that one can do.
- No more drinking: This one has been the most intriguing for many of my friends. I made it through January drink-free, and people are still willing to hang out with me! Here is the shocker: it was extremely easy. There is no reason why this will change. My goal is to go through the half-marathon training without a drink, then celebrate by having three beers the next day on my birthday and passing out. P.S. it has been since December 28th since my last drink, just for the record.
Overall grade for January: ‘B’. I did a good job at most of the above goals. The continuing theme of my life: I can always do better. Once I do, then everything will be in place; maybe then a few other things will happen that I want.
Let us see what February brings.