Skittles; Extreme Site Makeover
Go to skittles.com, and tell me what you see.
If it is still how it was at 4am cst, you will see it is the twitter feed (search.twitter.com) for skittles. Take a few minutes to enter your age, and determine whether or not this is a good/bad thing.
After viewing their homepage, I tweeted:
“Interesting concept by Skittles; on my own, trying to figure out why this is good and/or bad. #skittles”.
I refreshed skittles.com and found my tweet on the homepage; pretty cool, right?
After seeing myself on the homepage, a thought came through my head: what is this showing everyone? Skittles has no content generated by Skittles; all the content, with the exception of the skittles widget, on the homepage is user generated. Our thoughts and conversations are what is representing Skittles on their site. From what I know, this is fairly groundbreaking to publicize the conversation that is out there about a brand. The free publicity they will receive in the following days will make this marketing initiative well worth it.
The question I pose to you: Does this mean that the conversation about a product, brand, or service is now more important than the website of that product, brand, or service?
- Well... @mallofamerica + @BoyzIIMen = very awesome! #MOAturns25 https://t.co/CTGWJ9CLWr 1 week ago
- Cheering the @Timberwolves on at the @fsnorth Wolves Viewing Party! Who's here?! https://t.co/BgcUtnz8Wd 2 weeks ago
- .@ian_leonard Sending all of the good vibes your way! @MyFOX9 1 month ago
- Great MLB coverage by @espn. cc @mnwild https://t.co/ojD8UUh0go 1 month ago
- One of my favorite days of the year is Christmas Eve. Why? #yulelog on @kstc45 Enjoy! https://t.co/dDetLCICaf 1 month ago
- December 2013
- April 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- 27,757 hits
- Personal & Professional Perception: The Difference?
- Find Out If Your Twitter Followers Are Fake
- Breaking News: I have been banned from chatting on Facebook!
- My Photo Shoot With High Heel Photography
- Skating at the Xcel Energy Center
- The Role of Social Media and Technology in the Boston Marathon Tragedy