Outdoor Running Day Two
Yesterday brought me a wake-up call with my half-marathon training. Things just did not go well in my first outdoor run this year.
Today brought an opportunity for me to redeem myself, to show myself that I am not as far off as I was yesterday. Then again, after yesterday’s performance, it would be near impossible to do worse today.
I got home from meeting friends at happy hour just in time to get my run in before sundown. I stretched, I stretched again, then went on my way.
- I ran at least a half-mile further without stopping
- My lungs were not as heavy, very little hacking up
- No sideaches, again!
- I could have gone further; I need to HTFU (if you know what that means, two bonus points for you)
- I did run about a half-mile after walking for a few minutes
- I did a push-up and sit-up workout after the run
- I stopped earlier than I should have, I need to HTFU
- I need to not be afraid to go further; keep running! 1.5-2 miles may be ‘ok’ right now, that’s not going to cut it in a week
Overall, today was 100 times better than yesterday. I am enjoying running outside the last two days more than any of the time I have spent on a treadmill so far this year. I can only hope that the weather continues to hold up.
Tomorrow, I have to decide on going to my bosses house for St. Patrick’s Day dinner, or running after work.
What should I do?