Why Do I Run?
Someone asked me recently why I run? Good question. Here are my answers:
- I run to get in shape
- I run to get to the finish line
- I run to prove to myself that I can
- I run because others cannot
- I run to get away from you, from myself, from everything
- I run to clear my mind (though it has yet to work)
- I run to separate myself from my past
- I run for you
I like questions similar to what I was asked recently; it helps you think about why you are doing what you do. Every action has at least one reason.
Why do you run?
Why do you do whatever it is you do?