It’s Only Been Three Months…
Yes, I’m guessing it’s been about three months since my last blog post. Interesting that my last post was after the Twins lost to the Tigers, and I went on a rant about how the Twins do not deserve to make the playoffs, and how it would be bad for the team if they made the playoffs. Well, the Twins made the playoffs; Michael Cuddyer became a semi-star with a September to remember, Delmon Young saved his spot on the team for 2010, and Joe Mauer won a load of awards. What a great baseball mind I have. I do stand by those words, as changes to the team need to be made this off-season, or else Mr. Mauer will be wearing Yankee pinstripes.
Moving on; a lot has happened in my life over the last three months. Let’s recap my life in bullet form:
- Ran the Twin Cities 10K; recorded a personal best time
- Later that morning, I played NASCAR and crashed my car on 35w. I actually hydroplaned, but I was unharmed, and no one else was involved.
- I got a new (used) car! Hooray for an unplanned upgrade!
- I was promoted to Online Marketing Manager. Yay for more responsibility!
- I was the headlining speaker to a full house at an event I helped organize with the Twin Cities Thursday Happy Hour Group and the James J. Hill Library.
- I was asked to be on a panel for the Minnesota Chapter of the American Marketing Association.
- I got a second job; a volunteer gig: professional friend mover. Four different people asked for my moving skills in the last few months. Whenever I decide to move, I better have a few helpers 🙂
- Looking back, dressing as ‘bacon’ for halloween may be the one of the best things I’ve ever done… we’ll see.
- I joined a Minnesota Twins season ticket group of thirteen others, mostly for a chance at opening day. I got the first pick in our ticket draft; I have opening day tickets 🙂
- I’ve seen my Minnesota Vikings go 9-1; we’ve been down this road before, but there’s a very good chance the outcome will be different this time around.
- I’m back to overthinking everything again; we all know what that means…
So yes, a lot has happened with me in this time period. I’m happy with getting back to public speaking, a passion of mine, and one I need to improve on dramatically. The new car, a 2000 Acura TL, is an upgrade from the Elantra. And the overthinking part, I hope for the best in that one, you should too.
I promise for at least the rest of the year, I will update at least twice a week. I will keep this more about me, my life, my surroundings versus professional. I have a different blog I don’t post on for that one.
Glad to be back in the blogging world!