Minneapolis, St. Paul, Thank You! Now, Let’s Collaborate!
Yesterday was one of the more interesting and fulfilling days I have had as a professional. Most of us know about #Unfollowgate. If not; check out my previous post on #Unfollowgate and its impact on the Minneapolis and St. Paul online community.
Between the hundreds of views, 18 comments, numerous public tweets, re-tweets, even more direct messages, and even some text messages and calls, the outpouring of support for me was astonishing. Thank you all very much for that.
I want to get away from #Unfollowgate and move onto the larger issue: how to make the Minneapolis and St. Paul online community more collaborative, more unified, and considered as a true leader in the online marketing space.
I have been going over what Chris Brogan said when he was here at the Minnesota Business/Reputations event, about our shortcomings as a community. It would have been easy for him to say ‘Minneapolis/St. Paul, y’all are great! Keep Truckin’!’ for a cheap pop. He did not do that, and I thank him for that. For him to say (paraphrasing) ‘you have the talent here, you don’t have the collaborative atmosphere’, and to call out Pittsburgh as his numer one community was gutsy. He travels and connects with enough people from each community where I trust his opinion more than others.
This should be a wake up call for our community. We do have the talent, we have the case studies, we have the clients, we have the passion (as was shown yesterday). How do we combine all that and more to help our community move to the head of the online marketing class?
Let’s start a discussion answering a few questions. As a community:
- What are we doing right?
- What are we doing wrong?
- What are your concerns about the state of online marketing?
- What do we want to do?
- Where do we want to go?
Minneapolis, St. Paul, metro area, Minnesota: your thoughts?
- Well... @mallofamerica + @BoyzIIMen = very awesome! #MOAturns25 https://t.co/CTGWJ9CLWr 1 month ago
- Cheering the @Timberwolves on at the @fsnorth Wolves Viewing Party! Who's here?! https://t.co/BgcUtnz8Wd 1 month ago
- .@ian_leonard Sending all of the good vibes your way! @MyFOX9 2 months ago
- Great MLB coverage by @espn. cc @mnwild https://t.co/ojD8UUh0go 2 months ago
- One of my favorite days of the year is Christmas Eve. Why? #yulelog on @kstc45 Enjoy! https://t.co/dDetLCICaf 3 months ago
- December 2013
- April 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- 27,918 hits
- My Photo Shoot With High Heel Photography
- With Malice Toward None; With Charity For All
- Personal & Professional Perception: The Difference?
- 30: Not Just An Age, But a Milestone
- The Role of Social Media and Technology in the Boston Marathon Tragedy
- Prevent Your Twitter And Social Media Accounts From Hacking
- Kenneth Cole, Meet Celeb Boutique!
- Praise the Givers; Shun the Receivers