Tonight is JustJudyJudy’s 2010 Twin Cities Top Ten Titans of Social Media. I am fortunate to be nominated for this, but am up against some very worthy competition. While a few judges will name the official top ten list tonight, I thought it would be interesting who I would name for my top ten using the list of nominees.
In no particular order, here is my top ten titans of social media list, and a brief reason why:
- Jason Douglas @jasondouglas; it’s my job, and I’m good at it. Also, my Klout score is 64, which has to mean something, right? 🙂 If you thought I wasn’t putting myself here, you are silly!
- Erica Mayer @ericamayer; raising over $11K for charity water mostly through using her social media connections gets you here by default. Obvious choice.
- Maikel van de Mortel @maikelvdm; this guy is incredibly intelligent, and is also a co-founder of the Java Meetup Minneapolis #jmu612. Get to know this guy.
- Arik Hanson @arikhanson; another incredibly intelligent guy, and a leader in the PR world. He writes and shares many informative articles, which help keep me up to speed in the online world.
- Joel Carlson @JoelECarlson; one word: twitterviews.
- Keith Privette @keithprivette; here’s a guy who ranks as one of the top conversationalists in the area. Ask him about ‘cross pollenating verticals’ 🙂
- Nathan Eide @nathaneide; another well known conversationalist who will tell you what he thinks. Never shy, and always engaging.
- Lisa Grimm @lulugrimm and Kasey Skala @kmskala; indiviually, they are well known PR Pros, but why are they nominated together? Did I miss something? I’m counting them individually.
- David Ostlund @tcfoodfinds; almost every day, David holds a trivia contest for a gift card to a local restaurant, and he’s been doing it for a long time. People like free stuff, but he gets a large number of people to participate on a daily basis. Also, I have never won a contest, which is garbage 🙂
There’s my top ten list. It will be interesting to see how many of those ten actually make the real top ten list. One thing cool about both lists: despite only listing ten of the over 40 people, it is difficult to say that anyone listed should not be in it, as all the nominees deserve to be in a top ten list. See you there tonight!
For those who are not familiar, #tweetnmeet is a live chat moderated by Erica Mayer designed to connect people on twitter by answering questions about themselves and generating conversation around the responses.
#tweetnmeet’s are relatively new, and have gained a large following in a short amount of time. This Saturday, Erica moderated another #tweetnmeet. I was unable to participate, but tracked down all 20 questions. Here are my answers (in bold):
Question 1: who are you, where do you live, what do you do? Jason Douglas; Minneapolis/Hopkins; Online Marketing Manager at Spyder Trap Online Marketing.
Question 2: U R snowed in: choose 1 person, 1 thing, and 1 food to get you through. My lady; a large blanket; pizza from Umbria.
Question 3: what is your favorite song right now? Sadly, I do not have a working radio in my car. I have no idea what’s hot or what’s not. 😦
Question 4: what is the story behind your profile pic? Where, who took it, special meaning? I was at a friends’ wedding last October, and there was a photographer who was taking group photos. I assembled a group, and we were on our way up until the rest of the group decided to ditch me. Awkwardly, I asked if I could still have a picture taken. The photographer said: ‘Sure… act like you just got a DWI.’ I was instantly confused, and SNAP, the moment was captured.
Note: question 5 was skipped. #tweetnmeet’s get exciting 🙂
Question 6: favorite TV show? Tie between The Office and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Question 7: 1st KISS! I have no idea.
Question 7 (there were two question 7’s): favorite part of your job? Being able to show people exactly what I do, and show what impact it had for the client.
Question 9: if you could be an animal…what would you be/why? I would enjoy being a wolf; always thought they were a pretty animal, but they can be feisty, and you don’t want to mess with them.
Question 10: favorite dessert? Who makes it best? I do not have a big sweet tooth, but I do enjoy some red velvet cake on occasion. Whoever cooks it at that time makes it the best 🙂
Question 11: siblings? I am an only child.
Question 12: what astrological sign are you? Do the “traits” match your personality? I am a gemini. I think it fits well enough, but I’ll let you be the judge of that.
Question 13: do you blog? and what is your favorite blog to follow? Funny you ask that, since I’m blogging now 🙂 I don’t follow many blogs; it’s something I need to work on.
Question 14: one thing surprising thing about yourself NOT in your twitter bio. I used to be a huge nerd about U.S. Presidential history, once knowing all presidents in order, terms/years served, policies championed, family members, and more.
Question 15: if you could change your 1st name-what would you want it to be? I wouldn’t.
Question 16: 1st thing you notice in a sig. other? Physically, and personality. Well, first things I noticed with my current lady would include her blue eyes, her laugh, and her figure. I could tell that she was a very personable girl. I liked all of the mentioned traits.
Question 17: your life is a movie…who plays you? No idea… who’s a famous bald person: Howie Mandell (minus the soul patch)? Vin Diesel?
Question 18: favorite cheap munchie food. Think: college. lol. Chips and salsa; and if I am living the good life, I’ll melt cheese on the chips.
Question 19: sport you are the best at….and sport you wish you were better at? I was a jack-of-all-trades athlete, playing baseball, basketball, football, golf, tennis, and rugby in my life. I feel I was good to very good at all of them. I wish I was better at baseball or golf. If I had committed more time to just those sports, or just one of them, I would have gone far.
Question 20: in 140 characters tell an alien why they should let you live. 😉 I have too much unfinished business to deal with in my life. I’m just getting started.
If you can, join in on the next #tweetnmeet. I’ve been able to connect with a few new people, and always enjoy seeing the responses to the questions. You quickly learn about the people in and outside of your community.
#tweetnmeet with you soon!
- Well... @mallofamerica + @BoyzIIMen = very awesome! #MOAturns25 https://t.co/CTGWJ9CLWr 2 weeks ago
- Cheering the @Timberwolves on at the @fsnorth Wolves Viewing Party! Who's here?! https://t.co/BgcUtnz8Wd 3 weeks ago
- .@ian_leonard Sending all of the good vibes your way! @MyFOX9 1 month ago
- Great MLB coverage by @espn. cc @mnwild https://t.co/ojD8UUh0go 1 month ago
- One of my favorite days of the year is Christmas Eve. Why? #yulelog on @kstc45 Enjoy! https://t.co/dDetLCICaf 2 months ago
- December 2013
- April 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- 27,784 hits